This is a temporary role for 12 weeks, 20 hours per week. 2 positions are available.
The primary role of a QC technician is to perform QC testing of product as schedule and to report data in a timely manner to meet product and stock demands. A working knowledge of ISO13485 and ISO9001 is required to ensure all QC activities follow standard operating procedures and comply to the Quality Management System (QMS).
In addition to performing routine QC testing the individual will be required to perform tasks relating to equipment maintenance and validation and process validation testing. The individual will also be required to carry out experimental investigations as well be an active member in departmental and business continuous improvement projects. The QC Technician will report to the QC Manager and will support procedural and process improvements and changes. In this role the individual will also be responsible for adherence to health and safety policies as well as other company wide processes and procedures. The post holder needs to be able to organise their own working day; prioritise their workload to meet departmental and company demands; take initiative, be proactive and have excellent attention to detail as well as have good communication skills.
The individual will need to be flexible, be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to meet set deadlines.
• Carry out in-process, sub-component, and final QC tests to support customer and stock requirements.
• Perform checks on incoming raw materials and record these checks.
• Ensure QC results are accurately recorded in accordance with the QC procedures and processes as well as in-line with the QMS.
• Analyse data and write up results into data sheets and reports as required, in a timely manner.
• Working with the QC Scientists and QC Manager to support planning day to day QC schedule according to business needs; raising any issues as they arise.
• To complete relevant information in a timely manner to ensure accurate KPI reporting.
• Assist in the monitoring of QC inventory; ensuring sufficient controls are available to prevent delay in testing.
• Responsible for performing equipment calibrations ensuring these are completed on time and that necessary documentation is reported as required by the QMS.
• Complete Certificate of Analysis documents in addition to any other QC documents that may be required for customers.
• Propose changes to QC documents/processes in accordance with change control procedures and work with QC Manger to implement; to ensure these are compliant to ISO13485 and ISO9001.
• Propose and implement quality improvement opportunities within QC, working with QC Manager.
• Write clear and concise QC SOPs, procedures and policies.
• Where product failure or atypical results are identified initiate the Out of Specification procedure and be responsible for identifying, investigating and reporting root cause. To implement corrections and corrective actions as required. To ensure deadlines and timelines are met when investigating OOS.
• Where appropriate assist in the investigation of non-conformities and identifying root cause and implementation of corrections and corrective actions.
• Plan and carry out training with new staff in QC team.
• The completion of relevant QC activities deemed appropriate to the success of the Quality Dept
• Participate in QC/QA audits when required.
• Responsible for adherence to Health and Safety policies and to follow local laboratory and companywide processes and procedures.
• Responsible for adherence to company policies and procedures. Qualifications and experience
• Minimum BSc in relevant scientific field
• Previous experience of working with a QC team
• Previous experience of working with ISO13485 and ISO9001 quality management system